Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My husband is out of town,.............. (again)

and the same as before - my kids are in front of a movie, and I have a glass of wine in my hand!

This is me with my chemo nurse on my last day of chemo, which was on the 24th of Feb. - yeah for me! And I did meet with the radiation oncologist, who, when  confronted, started jiggling his knee up and down and said "uhhh." He had no reason for me to not do radiation other than it's "standard treatment." I said not for me! He could not substantiate any findings on long term side effects of the heart and lungs with radiation. My oncologist is cool with it, so I'm good. Now the plan is to get my ovaries removed in April (have to wait till after tax season), then start Arimidex for 5 years (pill form). It's never ending. One of my friends said (in reference to me applying to foundations for $) that "won't they only consider you if you are in active treatment?" and I said yes, but isn't taking a pill every day for the next 5 years "active treatment?" (vs. being in chemo.........) As I said before, it's never ending........


This is my new hair growth, I know it doesn't look like much (4 weeks in), but it is coming in! And it's not coming in grey (I'd talked to a couple of ppl who that happened to). Now that I look at this pic., I should've put some make up on......... (he he)
On a different note, I slept on the kids floor last night. Not too fun, but the problem is this: both kids, but particularly Quinten, gets up in the  middle of the night to come and sleep with us. All four of us cannot fit in our bed, so James usually ends up in the guest bedroom. Seeing how Quinten just turned 5, I've decided to (try to) put and end to this. So every time he got up last night (at least 5-6 times) I had to remind him that I was there and to go back to bed, which he did. I think it's more of a habit, but now I need to figure out how to keep him asleep all night long! If anyone has any suggestions, please email me!
Other than that, life is still the same, we are (not so patiently) waiting for spring..........winter seems to be never ending this year! I do want to thank Sue Coffin for bringing me dinner (and everyone else), but Sue, I do not know your email so I have no other way of thanking you! I have been blessed enough that yes, ppl are still bringing me dinners (soon to end though). They have been a great help after chemo, and the days where my energy has waned by late afternoon. Until next time, Darci

1 comment:

  1. My kids come to our bed too! Ha ha, let me know how it works out!
    Love you, and happy that you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete