Friday, September 17, 2010

Now that I am home........

I am sleeping! Let me tell, you, three nights in a row w/ no sleep does NOT do a body good! We were able to leave yesterday am (except for having to wait an hour because I had a temp), and it was hard to decide whether I wanted Yesterdog or The Pita House, but a gyro won over. It was worth it!!


I wish I had a camera so I could show you my war wounds - my chest is pretty much black and blue. I have two drains (gross), which will come out in the next week or two. I feel fine (as long as I'm on my vicodin!!) As for pain, it feels as though someone took a sledge hammer to my chest. I also have to wear a large ace wrap around my chest (at least it flattens out the other one so i'm completely flat),to help the drainage into the tubes. As for reconstruction, my thought is (right now, at least) that I cannot believe anyone would put their body through this much trauma (again) in order to have boobs. My body is not happy with me right now, and I am doing everything I can to correct this, but to do this again (to me) is unthinkable.

I have received many flowers and gifts - thank you all who thought of me while in the hospital. I know I had a huge "facebook" fan base too, thanks to all of you praying for me! I'll write again soon - D

1 comment:

  1. Camera is on it's way my beautiful friend!!!

    ReplyDelete