Friday, September 3, 2010

Surgery date

But first I have to start with this:
<You know you live in northern Michigan when: on August 31 it's 92 degree's, and 4 days later it's 62 degree's>
<You know your Grandmother is old (94, actually) when: you call to let her know when you are having surgery and she say's "why are you having surgery?". I say to remove my breast (due to cancer) and she say's "You have cancer?! Oh no!" And I've already told her (two weeks prior).>

OK, enough of that. I have to next go to my thank-you's (lest I forget). Due to Laura W. and Laura H. I was able to go to Meijers yesterday W/O CHILDREN!, and had a pumpkin spiced coffee from Starbucks! Cudos to you two! "  Laura W. also sent me meditation (relaxing) CD's and 2 movies. Thanks! And last night "Miss" Kelly invited me out for one last hurrah before the s---t hits the fan, so thanks to you for initiating it, and thanks to my friend and fellow MOPS mom Nicki for buying my dinner (actually 80% wine, 20% dinner)!

Now on to the important stuff. It's pretty simple, really. Surgery will be at Spectrum Blodgett (EGR) on Sept. 14. I will be getting into GR on the 13th for a couple of things that need to be done before the surgery. I will be in the hospital overnight, but possibly 2 nights. We will stay at The Renucci house (kind of like the Ronald McDonald house but for adults!)  James' cell is: 616-550-7076 if you want info during that time. My MIL and FIL will be staying in TC with the kids. I will be giving them all you local ppl's phone #'s in case they have any questions on the area, etc.

I have had a lot of ppl ask what they can do to help. In the next couple of days I'm going to be adding sidebars to the blog. One will be for local ppl who can sign up for dinners, watching the kids, etc. The other one will be an Amazon "wish list", for things I will need/want after surgery and during chemo.  Everyone (neighbors included!) has been so nice and helpful already - I just feel grateful to ALL OF YOU for your love and support!
If anyone has any questions about any of this just comment or email/call me.
Peace, Darci

1 comment:

  1. Are you accepting any visiters at that time? Do you know how long you will be in the hospital?
    Jen Eldridge

    ReplyDelete